Saturday, April 14, 2012

Facts and Feelings


Up until recently, maybe even just last week, I couldn’t say that I was able to separate my feelings from facts.  To be honest, doing so has always been something I’ve struggled with.  I’ve always been told that feelings are fickle…feelings don’t reflect the truth…if I waited for five minutes, my feelings would change just like the weather, and so on and so on.  Maybe or maybe not because of what I’ve been told for all these years, I have never been able to separate feelings from fact.  They’ve always comingled rather than coexisted in my mind.

Well, I think I prayed about my inability to separate the two because I know I prayed, but don’t recall my prayer…and because something unprecedented has happened since then – while feeling downtrodden in a “yucky” mood, I knew for a fact that God still loved me and that things would ultimately be okay.

Now, you may think this is something I should have known long ago, but it is a fact that this is the first time I’ve experienced this understanding and I feel free as a result.  It is an awesome talent to be able to separate my feelings from facts.  And I’m hoping I will continue to hone my skill as time continues to pass.

Thank you, God, for hearing my forgotten prayer and blessing me with this newfound ability!

No comments:

Post a Comment