Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The real me blog

This blog will be about the real me…about the real person who lives each and every day as a human being.  It will also focus a lot on God, too, because He is the One I am really about.  I can see that this will make some of you never come back to this blog, and that is okay.  A year ago I might have only written material I thought others would read, but not now that I know how quickly time passes us by.  I am 50 years old and time seems to be moving faster than it ever has before.  I don’t know why that is, but I have my ideas and I promise to write about them someday…someday that is inevitably approaching more quickly today than just yesterday.

This blog may focus on one thing for a long time so you’ll know what is consuming my mind, but not necessarily my time.  Writing does take time, especially well thought-out writing that people can and want to understand.  So, if you see a blog that is put together and reads well, you will know that someone has taken some time to tell you about what is happening in his or her world.

I have always been some sort of writer, mainly the ink on paper type.  I remember having diaries when I was very young and trying to hide them from my mother, desperately hoping for even just one minute of solitude.  But, I never got that moment of isolated contemplation because my well-hidden diaries were always found…and read by my mother.  I usually paid an emotional price for my private thoughts.  I always have and still do at times.  I stopped writing for many years when I realized my dearest, most personal childhood thoughts could never be mine alone if I continued to print them in my diaries.
 
As an adult, I started writing again about animals.  Actually, I was reading a blog written by my friend, Kathy Pobloskie, for a very long time before I decided to start my own.  Remembering what happened when I was a schoolgirl, I thought I had to write about a subject other than myself, so I picked animals like Kathy had for her blog. 

I love animals.  I have three dogs, a community cat, and many fish…and I still write about animals because I want others to share my affection for them.  But, I got to thinking and realized animals are not my world…God is.  My faith is what drives me to do anything and everything, including writing about animals and, above all, God.  I am not a theologian, preacher or whatever else there is to be called in the faith world.  I hold no titles in this arena even though that sort of recognition was once very important to me.

My blog, this blog, won’t have any giveaways that I know about.  That could change in the future, though.  I don’t understand the giveaway thing anyway.  But, then again, that shows you I am not really educated in the world of blogging.  I guess I’m merely educated about my adoration for God.

So, if you would like to join me on my life’s journey, I invite you to follow, to partake in the thoughts of my mind.  In parting, I again invite you to participate in the journey of my life, wherever that may take me…and you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment